|1912 Lambert Friction Automobiles Delivered to Warrensburg, Missouri|
1965 Daily Star Journal
"Famous Lambert Friction autos were the rage in Warrensburg and throughout the nation in 1912. Leslie (Les) Hout, who died at 91, June 17, is the third man in the above photo taken 53 years ago. At that time he was a factory representative with this sales area including all of Northern Missouri. Second from left is Dallas Corum, who lives on Route 1A. He recalls there were just a few dealers and they all covered a large area. The others in the photo are new owners of cars sold to them by Hout. Another old-timer Ed Fitzgerl, who is almost 94, and lives at 122 West Gay, recalls the autos well. He tells of one of the favorite sports of the day was to try to make the autos get up the hills without stalling or having to get out and push. One neighbor of his had his family out for a drive and wanted to impress them by making a hill in front of the house where Fitzgerl lived near Columbus but he got excited when he pulled the old friction drive lever and yanked it all the way back into fast reverse and went sailing back down the hill."
|1912 Lambert Friction Automobile, The Buckeye Manufacturing Co.|
The Lambert automobile and Lambert truck were built by the Lambert Automobile Company was an American vehicle from 1905 through 1916. The Lambert automobile motor in the early part of manufacturing moved around on the chassis. It was on the back of the chassis, then in the center, then to the front, and back again to the rear of the automobile. The early motors were built at the Lambert factories of the Buckeye Manufacturing Company and later they were outsourced to other proprietary manufactures.