OFFICE LOCATION & CONTACT
- Wallace Stevens: A Mythology of Self. University of California Press, 1985. Spanish translation, Fraterna, 1989. Recognition: New York Times Notable Book of 1985; Outstanding Achievement in Literature, Wisconsin Library Association.
- Opus Posthumous, by Wallace Stevens. Revised, enlarged, and corrected edition. Alfred A. Knopf, 1989. Faber, 1990. Vintage-Random paperback, 1990.
- Sur Plusieurs Beaux Sujects: Wallace Stevens’ Commonplace Book. Stanford University Press and the Huntington Library, 1989. Facsimile edition with transcription, introduction, and notes.
- The Wars We Took to Vietnam: Cultural Conflict and Storytelling. University of California Press, 1996. Recognition: Alpha Sigma Nu National Jesuit Book Award in Literature for 1996-1998; Kenneth Kingery Scholarly Book Award, Council for Wisconsin Writers.
- Reporting Vietnam: American Journalism 1959-1975, two volumes, Library of America, 1998 (co-editor). One-volume paperback edition with Foreword, 2000.
- The Bark River Chronicles: Stories from a Wisconsin Watershed. Wisconsin Historical Society Press, 2012.
- Huntington Library Summer Research Fellowships (1978, 1979)
- American Council of Learned Societies Fellowships (1980, 1986-1987)
- National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Stipend (1985)
- Guggenheim Foundation Fellowship (1989-1990)
- Fulbright Distinguished Lectureship, Beijing Foreign Studies University (2000)
- Fulbright Senior Lectureship, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (2006)